Bule Kebingungan

Current Events and Travel in Indonesia.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Destination: DUFAN



DU-FAN is "Dunia Fantasy" (Fantasy World) , an Indonesian version of Disney Land. My new girlfriend and I decided to come here on a Monday morning to try some of the rides. I myself was full of vim until about 15 seconds into the Viking-Swing Boat; suddently I remembered that I'm afraid of heights (or more specifically: afraid of falling).

The Viking-Swing boat was truthfully the only ride that challenged me to keep my breakfast in my stomach. Also noteworthy was the 'whirly-birds': a bird shaped carriage that spins, rotates, and rises about 20 meters into the air.

The highlight of the trip (next to the exhilirating rollercoaster) was the Indonesian "It's a Small World" where we get to see animatronic dolls dressed in traditional clothes from around the world.

While passing the Middle East section, there was an OBL sighting



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home