Bule Kebingungan

Current Events and Travel in Indonesia.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

I'm a Winner, I'm a Loser

Friday night was the big re-reopening of Blok M's latest watering hole: The Goldmine. This establishment features Jakarta's first operational mechanical bull which kind of made me want to watch that visionary film Urban Cowboy again.




















So the theme of for Friday night was "Come for the free-flow beer. Stay for the Russian lap dances." Yes indeed, there were five stout Russian girls performing some sexy pole dancing. I understand that last week was the 'rehearsal' for this shindig and the pole actually came detached from the ceiling; Indonesian engineering obviously no match for Russian genetics.

Not only did I get the chance to oogle at well-built caucasian-type females, I actually won a lucky draw prize: one free night at the adjoined Grand Boutique Hotel. yipee ki yay. Now if i can just find Ms. Right (or Ms. Right Now) before the offer expires on Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home