Bule Kebingungan

Current Events and Travel in Indonesia.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Pangandaran Beach

Pangandaran is a small fishing village located on Java's southern coast. Two weeks ago this area was victim to a Tsunami destroying buildings and killing dozens of people. Several months ago I visited this are and was impressed by the serenity and unspoilt surroundings. I was expecting another Bali experience; where vendors scream and harrass tourists to make a sale. Nothing could be further from the truth. I hope this area can recover, it was one the best travel experiences I've had in Indonesia.



The clean and quiet Pangandaran beach at its busiest.










The little bridge woven from bamboo is the only way to cross the river.













Batu Karas. another quiet beach near Pangandaran with a few surfers.














Riding boats through Green Canyon.











One of the best sunsets I've ever seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home